Senior Manager, Global Port Operations
Fisker Automotive is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Manager, Global Port Operations, to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director, Logistics and Transportation, this role will lead a team responsible for the operations of Fisker’s global port operations for Finished Vehicle Logistics (FVL).
- Ensure sufficient vessel capacity for vehicle export/import volume to all domestic and international destinations
- Arrange for proper customs and duty submission requirements for each shipment
- Responsible for the proper inspection of the vehicles prior to loading and after discharge
- Work with the Logistics Planning Team to identify improved service options
- Establish, monitor, and action vendor KPIs
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transportation costs
- Interpret data on logistics elements such as availability, reliability, supply chain management and provider’s information
- Determine proactively impacts to supply chain due to macroeconomic and geopolitical changes and recommend strategies to overcome anticipated impacts.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes, and frequency
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned vehicle logistics processes
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, production volumes or carriers and advise on process and flow optimization
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures and own logistics-related databases
- Oversee port vendor operations including accessorizing, PDI, damage repair, vehicle protection, inspections, maintenance, and charging
- Responsible for the outbound truck and rail transportation operations
- Manage and maintain relationships with vessel lines, stevedores, inspection provider, rail, and truck transportation providers
- Provide full supply chain analysis and reporting to the highest executive levels on cost, performance measures, damages rates, and opportunities
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management, or operations; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Multi-cultural interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English, preferred language skills in German
- Prior experience (7-10 years) of working in logistics/supply chain/ transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes
- Deep knowledge of principles for moving vehicles by rail, road, and sea
- IT systems experience and skills including knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and customer data systems
- Expertise of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including legal requirements is a plus
- Advanced skills of MS Office applications, specifically, Excel
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, advanced analytical and critical thinking skills as well as an initiative-taking mindset
- Extensive knowledge on international and domestic customs requirements
- Knowledge of FVL transportation and logistics service providers
Preferred Attributes / Competencies
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from various sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization’s global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Have a position you’re trying to fill? Find your perfect candidate with Automotive Logistics Careers.